Monday, August 1, 2011

Daily Flash: Dude and Zombies

Welcome, to the mindless zombie killing that is Dude and Zombies. You are a dude, all by yourself in the twisted woods of nowhere, and zombies are attacking! There's no story, there's no plot, but who cares? This is action zombie survival at it's finest.

Presentation:
The game has a very distinct art style. Pixilated backgrounds, enemies, weapons, it all works together perfectly to create an amusing and fresh aesthetic. The game UI is simple, and very easy to pick up, any veteran to games will quickly understand everything without any explanation.
5/5

Gameplay:
Guns that felt great, tight controls, an excellent difficulty curve even if it's a bit easier than I'd like, the game just feels... great! There is a leveling system, and you can buy new guns as you go along, and as long as you are smart with your skills and money, you'll do fine. I shot zombies, birds, and rabbits, and I loved it. My only complaint is that there's no "Skip to next wave" button. Yes, the chain gun is over powered, and makes the game a simple mowing down of zombies, but after I put in the hard work to get it, that's all I want from it.
4.5/5

Overall:
The game is very similar to another older flash game, Balloon in a Wasteland. Maybe I'll do a review on it later, but if you play both games there's one thing that Dude and Zombies wins out in spades, and that's simplicity and style. In the 15 minutes it took me to play this game to completion, I loved almost every moment of it. The later waves took longer to spawn than it took for me to kill, but the guns and killing felt so good I didn't care. And you know what? That's what's important. I cannot stress how important it is for games to feel good, and Dude and Zombies does this perfectly.
4.8/5

Play Dude and Zombies Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment